Thursday, April 18, 2013

'501' at Watchung Booksellers

Well, that went well.

Got the first 501 book event under my belt at, appropriately, my hometown bookstore, Watchung Booksellers. About 20 friends, neighbors, and supporters to listen to me drone on, reading a few passages from the book (I quickly learned what not to do in the future -- less reading, more extemporaneousness), and having some great dialogue/questions from the assembled. It was also nice to have my wife, Faith, there with a couple of bandmates, providing music before and after the talk.

DSC08288 DSC08304
DSC08291 DSC08306

And in the "small world department," turns out one of the booksellers is the wife of a "kid" who was in my bunk as a counsel0r at a camp... in Quebec...in 1976. They live a couple of towns over now. What are the odds?
Next up: A discussion of baseball literature with Filip Bondy, sports columnist for the New York Daily News at the Montclair Public Library, on Thursday, May 2, at 7 p.m.

 Bonus! Some Zapruder video of a reading from the introduction:


No comments:

Post a Comment