Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Du base-ball



My wife and I went to France last month as part of our 25th anniversary celebration. We did the usual touristy things, but I also had the opportunity to visit the Fédération Française de Baseball et Softball, aka, the French Baseball Federation, a small office located in the 12th "arrondisement," (as the districts in Paris are called).

According to Francois Collet, the gentleman who runs the bureau (as offices in France are called), there are about 10,000 people who play baseball and softball in France, as opposed to two million who play soccer. Obviously, there's a lot of catch-up to do.

I gave Collet a copy of my 501 Baseball Books Fans Must Read before They Die. In return, Collet gave me a jersey from the national team. Tres jolie.  








No comments:

Post a Comment