Friday, March 14, 2014

Where's the love?


Sorry for a second consecutive self-promotional item, but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed to see that 501 Baseball Books Fans Must Read before They Die wasn't part of ForeWord Magazine's Best of the Year Awards in the adult sports category. At least it didn't make the final cut; I have no idea if it was even considered. 
This is kind of a like a tree-falling-in-the-woods thing: If I had not heard about it, would I have made this noise? Or something like. 
http://outofthechrysalis.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/take_my_broken_heart1.jpg
Congrats to the other baseball authors: James Buckley for America's Classic Ballparks; Larry Ruttman for American Jews and America's Game; Joe Niese for Burleigh Grimes; Russell Schneider for Cleveland Indians Legends; Larry Rossman for New York Yankees Then and Now; and Raphael Hermosa for Speak English! The Rise of Latinos in Baseball ("and to the other non-baseball writers," he said reluctantly.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment