Friday, October 3, 2014

"Adult" baseball reading

When I make my regular Amazon searches, I get annoyed at having to wade through a lot of superfluous material. If they can put a man on the moon, why can’t they have a mechanism that will allow me to filter out books targeted towards juvenile readers? That would significantly reduce the time I have to waste looking for pertinent material.


Of course, some would say that’s exactly why you can’t filter; Amazon wants you on the site as long as possible.


A while back I was looking up what new baseball titles are coming down the pike (378 on Derek Jeter) I found an awful lot of what in some circles could be classified as “romance novels” while some others are probably just plain erotica (you say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to.)


Herewith a small sampling. Mind you, I’m not looking for books like this; this is what organically pops up during routine searches. I have no idea as to their literary value nor am I even curious. (And just a blanket statement: I haven’t attached the links so you can’t “look inside.”)














Shari Silberglitt48271493

"Adult" baseball reading

No comments:

Post a Comment